19 May 2008

Welcome!

Hi!
My name is Carrie and I am studying climate change in the Arabian Sea. I started this blog hoping to begin a global conversation. So much is happening in the area right now, and I think it would be great to share questions, stories, photos, thoughts, research, news, etc.

I work with a group of scientists who are studying climate change in the Arabian Sea, so I will be able to post some of what they are finding out. But, I do not live in the Arabian Sea, so I do not directly see what is going on. I would love you to comment, ask questions, send me links, anything.

Welcome to the Arabian Sea & Climate Change blog! I cannot wait to meet you and read your comments.  Let me know who you are, where you are from and what you want to talk about.
-Carrie

7 comments:

Helga said...

Hi Carrie,
We are just back from the Climate Change Conference in Gijón, Spain attended by 450 scientists from some 60 countries. Joaquim presented our Arabian Sea findings at a plenary talk which generated a lot of interest in climate change and its consequences for the Arabian Sea.
Helga

Helga said...

Hi Carrie,
Can we start a discussion on the consequences of GONU, the largest tropical storm that blew over the Arabian Sea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Gonu

पुरसोबाब said...

hi everyone,
i am a botany student of SP Chowgule college GOA.
its nice to join this blog.
I can provide you with the information as what changes are takin place in ARABIAN SEA off the goan Coast.

Thank you

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie! I'm Mara, from Italy! Are you studying also something about paleoclimate changes in the Arabian Sea? I'm a Master Student and last summer I spent two months in Bremen to a project about that!
Thank you in advance!
Mara

Helga said...

Hi Marra,
There are several groups in Bremmen doing interesting work in the Arabian Sea. What were you looking at? Could you tell us what kind of work you were doing?
Regards
Helga

Carrie Armbrecht said...

Hi Mara,
I am not directly studying paleoclimate change in the Arabian Sea, though I have come across some information in a marine geology class I am taking this semester.
Do you have references from your project in Bremen that you could share with us?
Thanks
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!